البرنامج الصيفي للغة العربية بجامعة أريزونا
The Arabic summer program at the University of Arizona at the School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies (MENAS) is a rigorous program that adopts the proficiency-based approach and emphasizes cultural literacy and the use of technology. The MENAS Arabic Summer program in 2015 is offering four courses that count for two years of Arabic and that are taught by dynamic, experienced and supportive teachers.
SUMMER COURSE OFFERINGS:
All classes are from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm five days a week
- Elementary ARABIC 101: June 8 – July 9 For students with no previous language background in Arabic. Students cover Alif Baa and Lessons 1-7 of Al-Kitaab, Part one.
- Elementary ARABIC 102: July 13- August 12 Prior completion of one college semester of Arabic is required. Lessons 8-14 of Al-Kitaab, Part one are covered in this course.
- Intermediate ARABIC 401: June 8 – July 9 Prior completion of two college semesters of Arabic is required. This course covers Lessons 14-20 of Al-Kitaab, Part one.
- Intermediate ARABIC 402 : July 13- August 12 Prior completion of three college semesters of Arabic is required. This course covers Lessons 1-5 of Al-Kitaab, Part Two.
- Advanced ARABIC 405: June 8-July 9 Prior completion of four college semesters of Arabic is required. This course covers advanced level Arabic content material.
- Advanced ARABIC 406: July 13-August 12 Prior completion of five college semesters of Arabic is required. This course covers advanced level Arabic content material.
TEXTBOOKS AND MATERIALS:
While the program uses the Al-Kitaab textbook series, all courses use additional language and culture materials as well as a number of technology-based resources that help with speeding up the learning process.
Tuition rates are determined by the University of Arizona Bursar's Office. Please click on the following link to find the Bursar's Office tuition calculator: http://www.bursar.arizona.edu/students/fees